what is happening?

It was me and the neighbourhood I left almost 18 yrs back… I walked in to my neighbour aunty’s house.. she gives me a smile and asks “ I have made nippattu. Beka?( do u want?) Thinthiya?( will u eat?)” and without waiting for my answer she goes inside the kitchen and gives me a handful and goes on with her work.. I am stunned.. why wasn’t she surprised to see me? Where was the customary irritating dialogues old aunties always asked us when they see us after a few yrs- “ aiyyo yeshtu uddha aagidhiya?.( how tall u have become). naan nod dhaga ishte idhe!( when I saw u last u were so small)..namma manege banadaga adhu madidhe, idhu murd hakidhe,( when u had come to our house u had done this, broken that) n such embarrassing and boring questions?.. and hey how on earth is she still so young??..

I realized I was ME of 2008 while she was my neighbor aunty of 1989… she never aged? Time had stood still for her? or was I back in the past???

Not wanting to break my head over it much I started eating the tasty crisp nippatu. Yummy it was..By that time In walked in 2 of my college classmates.. hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!, I screamed delighted., I hadn’t seen them in 3 yrs now so was happy.. but something made me stop, they continued fretting over a bundle of papers and looked up at me said “ have u finished the project? We have to submit tomorrow?.. and the test? Studied??…I chocked on my nippatu. Project? Test? Tommorow what??… sushma come-on, u would have finished it by now, atleast tell us the important points of Scatter plots, Pearson Correlation Coefficient, simple linear regression ..
Hey HOLD ON!… 1st thing- I have my convocation certificate to prove I have finished college and can live this life without writing anymore stupid exams.. Ha! And one more thing, I would have chosen to be illiterate than take statistics for graduation! There is a problem ladies –

what were these girls dicussing?? all i wanted to say was - “hey its me, how have u been?? Do u know she1 got married? And she2 got a baby? And she3 has new boyfriend now? So much to discuss abt the past 3 yrs and what project what exam? We have already done that”!! :((((…. The only problem was nobody could hear what I was telling only I could hear them.. they were acting as if I was a part of their conversation actively agreeing to what they said..
“Here this is your part of the project we have finished ours, now we will read and you solve those problems and then we can all revise” they told me.. I looked sadly at the pages n pages of statistical problems.. mean median mode’s,.. so many numbers and data to be ingested..

when I was about to throw it out( not the nippattu but the statistics problems), the neighbour anunty walked in. and I realized one more thing-. what r u girls doing in my neighbour aunties house?? Aren’t u 2005? She is 1989! How do u know her?? and why is the aunty not surprised to see two strange girls in her house??..

When I was calculating all this aunty announced, “those 40 students have come from dharwad for the consumer awareness class, do I ask them to wait??…HUH?? aren’t they supposed to come 3 days later?? And u aunty are 1989 and they are 2008 3 days from now.. what are u all doing in the same screen??.. I bend over the 1st floor balcony and look down at the students, she said 40 but I could see around 400.I walked back to the house confused.. aunty asked” shld I arrange for some tea and biscuits for them?”.. I rub my forehead, that’s what the receptionist back in office asks, what is aunty who I haven’t seen for a decade now asking it??…. none of all this made sense.. my friends on the other hand were busy reading Sampling distribution of mean and population proportion, Central Limit Theorem and similar blah's... to hell with them I decided..

Something was terribly wrong... Suddenly it became blue with lots of stars in front of my eyes and I gasped up.. I realized I was dreaming!!.. I cursed my dream’s director and screen play writer! Putting 2 diff parts of my past and my future in the same dream!!.. it was more of a torture than watching RGV’s sholay… aaah now for some sleep..

trrinnnnng!! The alarm goes off- it shows 5.15am… sigh! Time for another torture- my yoga class :

Comments

KB said…
yappa!...i liked this blog
Changelance said…
That's a strange dream :O This world could be a true paradise,if not for the darkness we allow to fester in our hearts..What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger :)

With every bad thing something good must be coming.. Yeah, good luck with that :)
@kb- u did? really?

@lokesh- ye tell me about it! :O
it was very strange, but decided to see the lighter aspect of it!
Anonymous said…
watz "nippattu"?
there shuld b a kannda 2 english translator(also, all d nice kannada foods shuld b 1st given 2 taste,b4 mentioning bout them..)!!!
FlyingHigh said…
This one was the best post of the lot..really enjoyed reading this!
@shouvik- LOL! sure next time will do that :P

@flying high- thank you so much! :D

Popular posts from this blog

GOOBE

The "that " chapter of my life

SRK and me