Disturbing

"Hey he called you a F***er fool!" i heard the low scream.. It was coming from a boy of around 8 yrs who was pointing an accusing finger towards a boy aged around 6yrs who had apparently uttered that BAD word.. The culprit had a triumphant yet scared look on his face.. and the victim at whom the word was hurled at was angry and stunned..
This was the scene i witnessed today just outside my house on my way back from work.. All these boys belong to fairly conservative middle class background in my neighbourhood.
Then i heard a small voice " who is she?" it was obviously about me, the only adult to have witnessed the crime.."That's my aunty" offered my 6 yr old immediate neighbour.. Iam not even remotely related to him but the way he said "MY", kinda touched me... Did she hear? another small voice from the group, obviously about what had taken place.."i dont know" said my kiddy neighbour. Were they worried that i would tell their mothers what kind of language their kids are using? I hadn't even heard the word f**k until i was 20 i guess..The kids know that it is a bad word but please dont tell me they know the meaning... I turned towards them and gave a reluctant smile and walked away...
I usually would have been tickled in such a situation, probably thought it was funny but today i didn't...Kids are growing to fast these days... Its worrying.

Comments

KB said…
fork? please pardon the ignorant
@kb- you and ignorant? ye rite!
Changelance said…
I reckon it depends on the example the parents & adults @ home have set ! If the parents have sworn in front of the children, then how can it be fair for the children to be chastised for swearing? I think parents need to tone down their own profanity and tell their kids how ridiculous they look using swear words as the kids do so out of ignorance probably they don't have an educated vocabulary :D for Language is often the outward appearance of culture ;)

Popular posts from this blog

GOOBE

The "that " chapter of my life

SRK and me