renewing a part of my past.


HAHAHAHA!! My boss( aka head) guffawed.. we had just come out of a boring 2 hour meeting.. no she dint find the meeting amusing or anything. Why would she or anybody? If you are asked to sit through a boring meeting right after you have had a good lunch, wouldn’t one rather sleep then?… I wanted to sleep. I was so badly trying to control myself, actually my head was dangerously bending towards the desk.. I started to do something which I hadn’t done in a loooong time.. open my book and start sketching.. this time with a pen and my diary in which i was supposed to noting down the minutes of the meeting :D

Ok before I forget, my boss who is 30 yrs my senior in age and experience was looking at my sketch and laughing.. I had drawn the chairperson of that meeting who was sitting right in front of me! :D..
see the pic

I started drawing seriously when I was in 4th std. When I had typhoid and was at home for 1 month.. my mother dint allow me to read( my fav of all the pastimes) or watch TV.. all she did was get me lot of color pencils, erasers and long big drawing books.. and I started to do just that.. I still have that book btw :)…
After that I never took it seriously… except drawing, or sketching or just doing some damn thing with the pen behind almost all my books in school during class.. almost all class works and homework books had designs and caricatures running to more than 10 pages sometimes from behind.. ie back of the book..

My mom always wanted me to sit and draw.. sometimes she even pleaded! Coz she believes she sucks at it and since she thought I was very good ( oh ye she is my mother , she will naturally think I am the best) at it, she wanted me to pursue that... but since it requires a lot of patience, which is one thing I don’t have much, I refused.. though suddenly from time to time from somewhere I used to get the josh, and I have drawn mainly drawings of Krishna… I don’t even have most of it, a few of them a friend took , while the other few only god knows where they are..

So after sketching the the chairperson of that boring meeting, I seem to have got a renewed vigour to do it seriously.. oh not a better sketch of him!, but my sketching hobby as such.. showed the sketch to PS and she said it looked just like him! :) and she also had some nice words for me.. thanks PS! Though she dint want me to put up my sketch on my blog! She was like “ what if somebody reads and tells him? :DD well I shall say immodestly that he looks much better in my sketch ! :P
… while another friend SC wanted me to sketch him! I have demanded a downpayment of at least 1000 bucks before I even start thinking about it! :P

If one has to learn more about sketching I think we need to look no further than my classmate and friend LV… his sketches and art leaves me spell bounded every single time.. so next time Iam chatting with him will bug him for some tips! :))

Bugging I did, my friend SR too.. who is an artist herself.. she downplays it but I know.. asked her a few tips about painting.. ye I know sketching and painting are 2 different things but I intended to learn that too sometime very soon..
She offered her expertise- “water colours on paper and oil painting on canvas”!… though simple it sounds, was something I dint know!.. enough knowledge for a starter like me . thanks SR! :))

Read this beautiful; saying sometime back.. “ there is always time to do things we love”.. there is nothing like Iam busy , I have no time.. its easy to say but difficult to practise.. but Iam sure all of us have done it or doing it now- putting our hobbies in the backseat for various reasons.. I have done it too. I can give 101 very good reasons for not doing it also! :P… but Iam slowly realizing that if something makes me happy, I should at least give it try.. is it too late to revive a childhood hobby?.. isn’t it better late than never? :)

Comments

FlyingHigh said…
Hey thats actually a very nice sketch...

Ahem, me an artist? Its in my blood just that I don't know how to get it out.. :P

We'll buy stationary tomorrow. I am going to paint too :D
Changelance said…
Such a wonderful post! NOT ONLY IS YOUR SKETCH BRILLIANT — BUT YOUR WRITING IS INCREDIBLE!!! AS IS YOUR VIEWPOINT! You have a hidden talent here :) Your'e doing very well.. It’s really interesting to read about you’re experiences of trying to balance all the different aspects of life.

I guess like anything else in life, it comes down to a matter of finding balance and making choices about what’s really important. If I remember to ask myself whether I’ll feel happier at the end of the day if I’ve spent my time drawing/painting/blogs or working on the computer, I usually know which to choose [:)] i bet you do the same

To answer ur last few Q's & thoughts I guess one needs to be unafraid to take a giant leap of faith.. Greatest love in life is learning ( but only about what I want to learn– My mind just shuts off if someone tries to teach me something I’m not interested in! )But as goes a saying “Everything is interesting if you take an interest in it" :)

Has ur buddy LV seen this? This absolutely would have made his evening.I’m sure he would be delighted to read the flowery quaintness in the depiction of his talent & would feel greatly appreciated by ur gesture!) :)

you know what to get me for my bday :) Do you ?? :P :P
Anonymous said…
dunno "dreamer's" a betr artist or a betr blogger!!!
nwayz...keep dat up..
p.s. i thought art comes w/o a price tag(lol!)
Hope said…
hey cooooooollllll .......your i mean your boss looks cool on that sektch!!!!!!

ofcourse: good job sush......u sketch very well....
maias said…
this pic is of Mr. Anab... nicely done, reminded me perfectly his face...
@flying high- It is? thanks! yes you are an artist ofcourse!!

@Kb- Ok! :D

@Lokesh- you said my sketch is brilliant!.. Thank you sooooooooo much!!!
what do u want for ur bday? i shld sketch you? :DD

@shouvik- ofcourse it comes with a price tag! heard of MF hussain and the price for his art? :P

@aisha- thank you! :)

@asit- Thank you!U made my day! yes thats Mr anab...!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

GOOBE

SRK and me