AiiyyYO- GA !!

I suffer from MPD(multiple personality disorder) ..one day some voice in my head told me to go join yoga classes.. “Huh? Yoga.. Why?” I asked… just go join and don’t ask too many questions, the voice snapped back..

Ok first step. No not hunting for yoga schools near my home..that’s 2nd step..1st step is convincing my friend SR to join me :D. i dint want to go alone!. “lets go, its supposed to be real good, not just for physical health but for mental stability too, relives stress and blah blah blah I went on.. she wasn’t convined..” early morning?” so early in the morning? So so early in the morning? :( yoga? Really? she asked…Ye ! ye! It will be wonderful, u can sleep later, u can sleep in the office , u can sleep in the bus and such similar crap I said and managed to convince her... so now the yoga classes near our homes.. a 20 yr old school.. Great! I call up and ask the timings..everything is fine for me.. but new problem, SR has problem with the location of the school and the 5.30am timings! Ok one more around of yoga jai yoga jai , I cant do. I go and join it myself all alone!! While she is glad!..

My elderly lady teacher is very sweet :)))…. Class begins… “You come right in front of the class, so you can follow me well" she said.. so I did.. “don’t try to do anything you aren’t able to.. take it easy, gradually you will learn” she said.. me and another new girl, smile and acknowledge each other.. we need each others moral support you see, others in the class were a few years old with this technique..

So first breathing exercises pranayaama.. This should be easy a voice in my head says.. ye I agree! Close the left side of your nose and breathe through your right side.. oh alright! Iam upbeat, I close my left side and inhale from the right.. while the teacher is counting.. I don’t stop to wonder why…. 1 – 2 –3 –4-……-11- 12…. Now exhale….. she drawled…!! Iam stumped!! I should exhale now?!! That means I should have held my breath until now? God I was happily breathing until then probably more than 15 times even.. slightly embarrassed but glad that nobody can know that I goofed, I pretended I was following the instructions it to the tee.. Sigh!!! Even breathing exercise is soo tough! :(

After some easy lifting hands kinda yoga which I did it easily, thanks to my lovely hands, dahlings they didn’t give me any problem, we moved on to the asana’s which needed the legs.. Hold ur left leg with your left hand…aaah left good I decided..though I write with my right hand, iam basically a lodde(leftie)…I looked over to that new girl who joined along with me, she couldn’t reach her own leg!! While I could easily hold my leg with my hand! Feeling triumphant and looking positively euphoric n proud of myself, i waited for the next instruction.. now touch your toes to your head!! What????my toes are minimum one kilometer from my forehead, how the hell was I going to touch them , horrified I stared around!! Almost everybody were able to do… I looked to the new girl, she was still struggling to grab her toes.. she looked sheepishly at me and grinned.. I gave the “ I understand what u r going through exactly “ look to her and grinned back … sheesh, my left leg had betrayed me!!..i tried to pull it..”stop you moron, what the hell you think you are doing? Are your trying to break me?” screamed my leg! No not break just bend I told.. you leave me alone!! My leg screamed back!!… Sigh I did.. My legs don’t listen to me as well as my hands did! ..

Now let us try with the right leg my teacher dragged.. Low on confidence I tried to reach for my right leg toes with hand, I coudnt even reach it this time!! Plz I begged my toes, come closer I pleaded.. they acted as if they dint even know me.. :( “ I was now complimenting the the girl next to me who was also struggling. She gave me a broad grin, I sheepishly returned it!! I gave up and looked around at those people whose legs were being so co-operative!! I was so jealous!!

All… rite.. with this last one, lets conclude the class…. My teacher drawled… Bend your left leg and put it behind your left hip , if u cant just put onto your left side, she said looking at me in particular!!.. same thing with your right leg.. this is called “some complicated name” asanaa… she said… I looked down at my legs.. they looked so much in love lying close to each other.. and to separate them in such a complicated angle ?? don’t even think about it they said in unison.. ..

sigh, so me and the other new girl who has been such a sweetheart in sharing my guilt and embarrassment for the day, both of us sat happily on the floor freely, while others twisted and turned their legs doing the "some complicated name" asana ...

You both did great today.. the teacher said.. huh? Is she being sarcastic? She looked genuinely pleased and happy.. hey maybe we did!! …all I need to do now is some coaxing to my so much in love with each other legs, on the way back home… Tommorow we shall be fine!…

Comments

prem sajani said…
hey sush ur just rocking with ur blogs, improving every day..[:p]..i am just loving them..actually today i am in a very bad mood[:(]..but after reading ur blog even in that worst mood i coulnt stop myself from laughing heartfully imagining u struggling with ur legs early morning..now i too want to join yoga class with ur inspiration[:p]..jai yoga[:D]..keep rocking sush[:p]..
FlyingHigh said…
hhahahaha this was so much fun to read though my imagination was running wild when I tried to imagine the asanas :P

Waking up early is a torture and then putting your body through physical abuse...naansense:D

Oh btw that school, its in the first floor isnt it? Downstairs lived one of the most popular guys in the neighborhood....we'd all look up to him. He was cool back then in the early 90s when people didnt know waht cool was.Probably was my first crush coming to think about it now. So you see, lot of memories attached to that place and I'd like it to be that way....dont want to replace the memories with tales of body pain :D

This comment is getting way too long but have to say you keep going :). Listen to the voice that asks you to continue irrespective of what friends like SR say. Such lazy person she seems to be. :P
FlyingHigh said…
one last thing...title is vary vary funny :D
Changelance said…
" You never enter the same river twice" goes a saying =) a yoga class can never really be the same with a previous one =)
@prem- thanks! :D u should try too!

@flying high- hahaha! will tell my friend what u think abt her :P

@lokesh- oh yes lokesh! u are absolutely rite. though we do repeat some of the asanas everyday, its never the same!
KSS said…
Just amazing write-up!!!!!!!!!!! :)...i did join Yoga classes and after reading ur blog.....was recollecting those initial days, when i felt like a stupid girl trying to do something very strange....:D

Seriously Yoga is AiiyyYO-GA......:(

Popular posts from this blog

GOOBE

The "that " chapter of my life

SRK and me