WHEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

That’s how it is when one is swinging!! I love swings!! Those small seats tied to 2 ropes which goes wheeeeeeee back and forth, up and down, have always been my favorite!! I remember all those days of going to cubbon park almost 2 decades back and waiting for my turn to sit on those swings while my dad would push it, and it would go high up in air! Wheeeeee!!! :D I even loved those uncomfortable “ well rope” swings temporarily put up on to a sturdy jack fruit tree back in our village, when all the cousins got together during summer holidays! I used to love it when it used to go high up in air and I would stretch one of my hand ( one hand firmly holding the rope ofcourse) to touch the tree top and the sky!… apart from the pushing and jostling the innumerable kids to use the swing first and for a longer duration! Yes of course, those ropes did hurt, so I have voluntarily given up many times to the next cousin in the Que!

Years passed, I grew up, err a bit too big for a swing :( at 5 feet 7 inches and quite a bit of extra pounds(i am not divulging my weight here! Snort!!) swing’s aren’t for me anymore!.. damn them! Who asked them to make swings only for kids??!!.. those brats don’t swing anymore do they!! They watch TV or play “games” on the comp, or more hip hop ones learn judo and learn to play tennis!! Those days of playing ice pice, kuntabille, lagori, are long over! So one of my favourite things was crushed and forgotten…

forgotten not completely.. I used to be reminded of them when I saw them on TV.. u know these Punjabi women going wheeeeee on swings on oh so beautiful locales next to their sarson ka kheth especially during baishaki.. geeee “ adult” swings!!( no pun intended!!) now now where can I get hold of one of these?? I did I did!! At the end of the rock garden in Chandigarh, there are huge swings around 20-30 of them!! All of them long and very securely fastened to huge stone boulders!( safe very safe) and unlike elsewhere is not accompanied by signs” kids only”!!! anybody and everybody irrespective of sex,age,height,weight,Punjabi or otherwise,baishaki or otherwise can use it!!! recently when I was there for the 2nd time I went wheeeeeeeee to my hearts content!! :D I got down only when I started seeing the people on the ground flying in the sky and trees lying flat on the ground- ie when I started feeling giddy I stopped!!.. I got down and walked towards my mom with silliest , happiest grin on my face… one look at me she said "goobe(owl)u will puke now"! I felt so too!! I had gone wheeeeee!!!! For more than an hour!! Luckily I didn’t!! and I had enough of swinging to last me a few decades!! Thank u rock garden!!

Comments

FlyingHigh said…
One hour on the swing and nothing happened?? I love swings too...one reason for me to go visit chandigarh. :D Kids only.... I remember in cubbon park one lady yelled at me because I wasnt clearly under 11..hehe


Btw lagoti is my all time fav game..our kids may not know what it even id! Such tragedy!
FlyingHigh said…
lagory i mean...that was a stupid typo..dont mistake pls.
hehehe i stopped just before anything could happen!! :P... yup! i too remember being on swings in cubbon park whne i was 10+ and hopping out of it as soon as guards came!

Popular posts from this blog

GOOBE

The "that " chapter of my life

SRK and me